How to root Samsung Galaxy S5
The Samsung Galaxy S5 Root is possible with Chainfire's CF-Root. They released CF-Auto-Root for Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F) with no time. CF-Root is available for many Samsung devices like Galaxy S4,Galaxy S3,Galaxy Note,Note 2,Note 3, dozens of Tab models, etc!This is the #1 Rooting Tool for Samsung Galaxy devices.
Rooting galaxy s5 is easy.You have to Simply flash CF-Auto-Root package as “PDA” in ODIN while your galaxys5 is in download mode, then CF-Auto-Root will take care of the rest.This Rooting package will install SuperSU binary and APK and the stock recovery.
Download CF-Auto-Root for Galaxy S5 - Related Mirrors & Direct download links
- Galaxy S5 Rooting Software - CF-Auto-Root
What will install with this Galaxy s5 rooting package
- SuperSU binary and APK
- Stock recovery
- Note: This rooting method will increase galaxy flash counter & trip your KNOX warranty flag.
List of Samsung Galaxy S5 AKA GS5 - Currently Root able Galaxy models
Waiting for Root - Pending List of Galaxy s5 root
Root Galaxy S5 - Rooting with CF-Auto-Root
- Download and unzip the CF-Auto-Root .zip file
- If you end up with a recovery.img and cache.img file, you've extracted twice. You need to end up with a .tar.md5 file - don't extract that one
- Disconnect your phone from your computer
- Start Odin3-vX.X.exe
- Click the PDA button, and select CF-Auto-Root .tar.md5
- Put Galaxy s5 in download mode(switch off phone--> hold VolDown+Home+Power to boot - if it asks you to press a button to continue, press the listed button, or run adb reboot download command)
- Connect your Galaxy s5 to your computer using USB cable
- Make sure Repartition is NOT checked
- Click the Start button
- Wait for Android to boot
- It's done , You have successfully rooted your Galaxy s5
Important things with Rooting ! Read me!
- Download the correct tools
- Confirm your model number
Check your device model and Confirm ! Settings --> About device --> Model number. double check and confirm exact supported model numbers. If your device is different model, it will not work (may even brick) !
Galaxy s 5 Rooting FAQs and Troubleshooting
- If you having any problem or need more info, please go through with dedicated XDA thread.
NOTE: Sometimes the device does *not* boot into recovery mode & root your Galaxy s5 . Just redo the entire procedure again if this happens. If it still won't install root and such, make sure that in Odin "Auto Reboot" is not checked. Then after flashing, pull the battery, and boot with VolUp+Home+Power button to boot into recovery manually. This will start the install process.
Galaxy Rooting Guides and tools developer Credits
Galaxy s5 rooting credit goes to Chainfire - XDA.